Showing 664 results for the keyword: Diabetes
It is unknown if obesity contributes to the development of heart disease in African American
men and women.
This study was created to determine whether there is a relationship between sex and body
size and the incidence of heart disease in African American men and women. Researchers will
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that reduces the damaging effects of oxygen in the body.
Most American men (90%) and women (96%) do not get enough vitamin E from their diets;
however, the amount of vitamin E needed by the body has been studied only in men, not
- Imaging tests, such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), can provide information about
heart and blood vessels. The tests let doctors can see the amount of blood vessel narrowing
and vessel wall thickness. This information may help diagnose and treat heart disease and
- Metabolic syndrome is a name given to a group of factors that tend to occur together.
These risk factors include central obesity (extra weight around the middle of the body)
and high blood pressure and blood sugar levels. They also include low levels of HDL
- Family-based approaches to reduce disease risk and promote healthy behaviors may be better
than targeting individuals. Risk assessments based on family health history may help educate
families on disease risks and encourage them to change physical activity and food choices.
- Rates of diabetes and heart disease in women are increasing. Early recognition of risk
could help women live longer and healthier lives. Race and ethnicity may affect the best
kinds of tests to use to screen for these conditions. Researchers want to compare risk
factors for diabetes ...
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ketogenic diet (KD)
treatment of (i) obesity, (ii) type 2 diabetes mellitus and (iii) obstructive sleep apnea
(OSA) in patients with obesity and Type 2 DM and in patients with obesity and/or OSA. This
will be a randomized, open-label thre...
- Canagliflozin (sold as InvokanaTM) is a new medicine for diabetes. But it might increase
the bone fracture risk in people with diabetes.
- To see if Invokana has negative side effects on bone health.
- Healthy men ages 18 45.
The immune system controls how the body responds to infection or injury. Researchers want to
see what effect a dietary supplement called nicotinamide riboside (NR) has on the immune
system. A study showed that fasting has a good effect on immune cell health in healthy
people. And when ...
The study will allow researchers to obtain blood, plasma, DNA, and RNA for genetic studies
of insulin. There will be a focus on the causes of insulin resistance and diabetes mellitus.
Insulin is a hormone found in the body that controls the level of sugar in the blood.
Insulin resistance refers to condit...