Showing 1,099 results for the keyword: Cancer
Human papillomavirus (HPV) can cause cervical, throat, anal, and genital cancers. Cancers
caused by HPV have a HPV protein called E7 inside of their cells. In this new therapy,
researchers take a person s blood, remove certain white blood cells, and insert genes that
make them to targe...
- Recent advances in cancer research have led to new therapies to treat the disease. It is
important to continue these advances and discover new ones. To do that, researchers need
tissue samples from solid tumors. This study will collect such samples from people already
scheduled to ha...
This is a clinical, epidemiologic, genetic, and laboratory study of individuals and families
at high risk of cancer and selected tumors to investigate the genetic susceptibility and
environmental exposures which may alter cancer risk. Families with multiple members who have
an unusual pattern or number o...
-This protocol acknowledges that it is in the interest of the NIH and ROB, as well as our
patients, to continue to follow those who have been treated with radiotherapy at ROB and are
not otherwise eligible for current active research protocols. it also provides a mechanism
for the corr...
-Research in NCI's Radiation Oncology Branch depends on the availability of blood and urine
samples from patients receiving radiation therapy.
-To explore the effects of radiation therapy on gene expression in white blood cells, to
measure radiation damage in red bl...
This study will: 1) provide standard non-experimental radiation therapy to children who have
a form of cancer or similar disease process that is of scientific interest, importance, or
educational value; 2) determine the effects of radiation on childhood cancers; and 3) allow
for the education of nurses, ...
- Researchers have studied the causes of fatigue during treatments for various diseases,
but these results have not been conclusive.
- More information on the physical changes that affect the body during treatment may help
identify biological or chemical factors that c...
- Solid organ transplantation provides life-saving treatment for end-stage organ disease
but is associated with an increased cancer risk because of the need for long-term
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD), the most common type of end-stage organ diseas...
- Fatigue, a common side effect of cancer and its treatment, is found in up to 96% of cancer
patients. Fatigue is difficult to treat because its cause is poorly understood. Research has
indicated that cancer-related fatigue may be caused by a number of factors, including immune
- Erdheim Chester Disease (ECD) is a very rare disease in which abnormal white blood cells
start growing and affect the bones, kidneys, skin, and brain. ECD can cause severe lung
disease, kidney failure, heart disease, and other complications that lead to death. Because
ECD is a rare d...